3.4 33
Alabama 99635
22-25 May 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed in Travel Trailer #80. It was nestled near the lake, with a small path down to the water. It was also a short walk to the marina, which worked well for us to fish with our young son. The trailer was a nice rig and so was the location. I agree with some of the previous posts: there does seem to be a lot of homesteaders, who have secured the best camping spots. If we had our camper here, we would have had a hard time getting into most of the remaining spots. That is our biggest complaint. The folks at the marina seemed very nice and helpful, but do not expect much of their country store. We did discover Oskar's restaurant which was affordable and good food (and a nice place to stop on our way out.) It rained most of the weekend and our trailer leaked a little where one tip out extended. But it was fine otherwise. The outdoor furniture was covered in mildew and infested with bugs so we used our own. I also had to clean the refrigerator, which also had some considerable mildew growing. It looked as though the previous occupants did not give it a good scrub down after they left, but it only took a few minutes for me to clean. Despite these minor inconveniences, we will go again and had a nice weekend stay.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or