Review Detail

3.1 29
12 - 18 July 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Had originally planned to stay for a week at the end of June, but after arriving found out that the water lines were still frozen so after one night we left for a commercial campground in Fairbanks. (An example of how travel in Alaska may not always be without glitches, but you have to stay positive and accept these things as part of the adventure. We went to have fun, and we certainly did!) Our stay in July was more successful. The base is about 30 minutes drive from Fairbanks so is not too bad a place to use to see the area. The campground is no great shakes with rough dirt access road, not very clean restrooms and laundromat. On the plus side, the washer/dryers are inexpensive to use and not far from most campsites; the bathrooms are very private to use if not super clean and the campsites are large and well shaded with a lot of underbrush between sites providing some degree of privacy. If you want to access the internet, the library has WiFi available but it is about a 3 mile drive. At the price it was a worthwhile place to stay for a week. Enabled us to shop at the BX and Commissary, get the laundry done fairly cheap, and I could use the hobby shop to change the oil in my truck. And it was close enough to Fairbanks and North Pole to do some sightseeing. My only serious complaint would be the cleanliness of the bathrooms.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts