3.9 28
June 8 thru June 16, 2009
(Updated: November 08, 2015)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

When we arrived we were told that over half of the Famcamp was without water. They did have an area with water (and E), but we could stay in one of the sites with E only for $12, the price of an overflow site with no hookups at all. (Sites with W&30 amp E were $18). We filled our 100 gallon water tank and took them up on their offer. I selected a site and made the same mistake I had made in Albuquerque; I dumped my air, lowered the jacks, extended the slide, and then hooked up to electric. Except there was no electric at the post. I moved to another site, tested the electric first, it was good, so I continued to get set up. At my site, and others, the hookups are on different sides of the RV. I had to run the electric cord under the motorhome. No big deal, but it shouldn’t be that way. The park is convenient to base facilities and downtown, and otherwise is an OK park. The roads are gravel and dirt, and drivers driving over the posted 5 MPH, and that’s most of them, create a lot of dust. There are two bathhouses with washers and dryers; one is in the area with no water, the other does have water. The word is that underground pipes are still frozen, but I doubt that. The temperatures was and had been relatively warm, in the 9 days we were there there was no activity to get the water running again, and the dump rinse in that area had water. One morning we saw out of our windshield a long legged momma moose and her baby slowly walking on the road past our motorhome . That was neat. Steve Turney
ST
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts