3.3 10
Alaska 39950
Jun 17 thru Jun 21, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here 5 nights (Jun 17 thru 21). Although this is a mecca for fishermen, I don't fish but we came here to see the sights. This campground is very conveniently located to downtown, right on the highway. People have said you can save a couple of bucks by dry camping downtown along the river. Actually, you can save $3; $15 downtown, $18 here at the AF campground. However, that $3 gets you 30 amp electric, which in my book is worth $3 a day. Water front sites downtown offer electric hookups for $30 a day. Most sites are narrow. Picnic tables at each site, but not enough room on some sites to really use them. Well equipped playground for the kiddies. Arrive empty; you can fill up with fresh water via a threaded connection (two locations). Convenient dump station. Army campground right next door with a pub and snack bar/cafe where you can get halibut and get online with their wifi. No problems getting online with my Verizon data card (although it's an extended area and therefore slower than a Verizon area). The office says they are no longer a Famcamp, and didn’t have a stamp for the coupon book. I would stay here again. Steve Turney
ST
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or