Review Detail

3.9 28
June 27 - July 2, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We tried to stay at Ft. Richardson as we wanted full hookups because of the length of our visit but it was full. We then went to Elmendorf and were very happy that we did. The lack of sewer hookups was a non-event (they have double hole, very spacious dump site) and the sites were really nice. We were in site 53 which is about half way down one loop and almost level without any leveling on our part. Some of the other sites were not so level. The electrical and water was good and the site was large and even had a mother moose and her calf come through the first afternoon. The restrooms and shower were clean each time we used them. The laundry could use more machines as the three sets in our loop's laundry were going almost 24/7. Of course the campground was full and there isn't any room for more washers and dryers in the current building unless they get stackables so I don't think this will be improved anytime soon. The exchange and commissary are just a short distance away and very convenient. Cell coverage was excellent and the local Anchorage stations were available on the antenna. Overall a very pleasant stay. The rates have increased to $18 per night. I know that the MWR departments of Elemendorf and Richardson are merging and Richardson is also charging $18. I don't know if that was the reason for Elmendorf going up or not.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or