Arkansas 79497
June 2011
(Updated: July 07, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed here for a couple of days to take a break from traveling for a PCS. First of all the coordinates are reversed, I actually figured this out on my GPS beforehand--the GPS coordinates are to the GATE and the GATE coordinates are to the actual campground. Second, unless you are using an RV specific GPS you will want to avoid listening to your Garmin. It took me down to Highway 22 off of I-540, exit 8b. DO NOT go this way coming from the north. Take exit 3 to Hwy 59, then left on Hwy 22. You will avoid bad roads, awful traffic and about a dozen stop lights. After you get to the main gate, Hwy 22 and 1st Ave, the rest of the coordinates and directions are good. Now for the review. This place is nothing fancy but if you want quiet and out of the way for a few days this is the place. The kids and I fished the pond and caught several good fish. No one is around except for a couple of homesteaders. I had site 7, a 50 amp pull-thru at the top of the hill with nice shade. Consider going backwards into the site for a better view. Golf course close by if you have a toad. You can also go into town on Hwy 22 for Wal-Mart, Lowe's, food etc... I would not recommend this place for an overnight stop but if you have a few days it is quaint, quiet and relaxing. A great place to recharge after a long drive.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or