4.0 75
California 102319
April, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is without a doubt 100 times better than Pt. MuGu. It is clean, well kept, grassed, and modern, for the same price. The location is good, the showers are spotless, and the sites are large and roomy. Now the complaints. PRICE!! 690.00 a month for an RV slot?? WOW!!! With ZERO amenities. Wonder how much profit they make off of us?? I bet it's a lot. They even nickel and dime you for laundry. I can't understand why they feel they need to charge this kind of jack, just cause it's California?? I know it doesn't cost near what they say it does. They could cut costs immediately by employing one person to run the office, instead of 3. Usually, the two girls there are outside chatting and smoking, and the male manager (I am not naming names on purpose) is rarely there. When he is, complaints fall on deaf ears, and he does nothing to address concerns. Just BS about how he doesn't have a say, he answers to yet another manager. Have the camp host earn some of the 690 a month he gets free, and by the way, living with one of the office managers, by cutting the grass. Monthly rate should be 450 a month, not 690. The only reason they get away with it is cause the place is nearly full all the time. I think it's a crime how the MWR treats current and former military members here and at Pt. MuGu, raking in HUGE profits. You know, make some money, but don't RAPE us. Also, the "clique" is in force here too, bending rules for "friends". They still charge 21 A night for "preferred" guests. We live there full time too, but are charged the full rate. I would advise anyone staying in this area to patronize private campgrounds when you can, and force these greedy money hounds to lower their prices!! Cut the staff to 1, and start treating you like a guest, not as if you must kiss their *** cause they give you the honor of staying there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or