4.4 37
California 76474
September 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is the way to run a FamCamp. Boy were we surprised how nice this gem of a campground was. We had traveled for almost 3 weeks when we got here for our last week of leave, and what a way to end our trip. One word, RELAXING! A charming little base with good amenities for such a small place. I don't know what the Coast Guard is doing, but the Navy and Air Force could learn a LOT from these young men and women. We were routinely greeted and welcomed everywhere we went. From the great gym, to the nice movie house, to the awesome galley. Breakfast for 2.40, dinner from 3.85, and the food was EXCELLENT. They are family friendly and all are welcome to eat there. Contrary to the other comments, the seafood buffet was delectable, equal to a 5 star restaurant in Chicago. I must admit, we were able to get in right away, so the food wasn't gone. Our retired "friends" weren't let in until almost the end. By then, I had consumed 6 LARGE crab legs that were dynamite, a pound of large pacific shrimp, and an awesome fillet of sea bass. We hated to leave, and at 16 a night, this is value. The only drawback was no sewer at the site. They have wild blackberries all over the place. We picked enough to make an awesome pie, and plenty for our ice cream too. The lake is nice, the trees smell great, and deer walk all over the place. They have a free RV/car wash site on the old helo pad too! Overall, it was THE BEST military campground we have ever stayed at. We will be back as soon as we can. Pt. MuGu and Fairways at NBVC could learn a lot with a stay here. A hearty ooh-rah to this base and it's fine staff and CO. Thanks!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts