3.7 34
California 101331
January 9, 10, 11, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I arrived and was assigned space 46. After backing in with hookups on driver's side, setting up jacks, hooking up sewer, I started to hookup water and electric. The hookups are behind you not beside you. I was in space 47. I went to office to see if they could just change the paper work, but they said 47 was reserved for someone coming in the next day. The spaces are just alike, so I couldn't see the problem, but I had to move over a space. The staff is friendly, but didn't seem to want to work with me on just changing the paperwork. Full hookups now have 50 amp service. As far as any of the just water/electric sites, I can't say. Didn't go checking them out. I thought the price was high for what you are getting. Effective the 1st of February the prices go up. Full hookup sites: $25 for military; $30 for civilians. W/E sites: $20 for military and $25 civilian. Dry camp: $10 for military and $15 for civilians. Tent sites and group flat rate is $8 per day. This really makes it high for a military campground. The sites are fairly close together, but OK. You have a concrete pad to put your rig on. Mine is a small trailer so no problem and it seems the big rigs fit on the pads OK too. The place is clean and well landscaped. I was talking to my neighbor and he told me he used to work on this base for 18 years and he has never seen a place where everyone on the base is treated so badly. This includes troops, families, employees, campers, etc.. It is like the command has never cared. It is a nice campground, but I would not stay here again, mainly because of the rates. There are others in the area that are about the same price and cheaper.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or