4.1 129
California 118048
24 May-1 June 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our third visit to Travis and it hasn’t changed much since our last stay. Since we arrived on a Sunday the office wasn’t open but there was a sign in the window telling us our site number. After parking a few minutes “on the centerline” we proceeded to our parking spot which was in the “new” section. We backed the 5-er into the spot and in doing so I rolled the trailer over a very small portion of grass. While I was unhooking Tony came over and came unglued that I would break the law in such a blatant fashion. Then he started lecturing me (with a lot of animation) on how to park my trailer. He also said he was going to come back the next day and “access the damage”, which he never did because the next day there was no marks on his grass. He also made sure that I knew that at Travis you may not park yourself and that I should have went to his home and asked for assistance. At this point I finally told him that if he had wanted to help park us that he should have the office open 24/7 or make the sign on the office window reflect his desires. Of course, I apologized for breaking the law and swore that I would never do it again. There are a lot of rules here, both official written ones (we never got a copy of them) and then there are “Tony’s laws” which are not written down anywhere that I could find. I learned about his unwritten rules during the course of our stay as each day Tony came by our trailer and told me a new one. Folks, I don’t mind some rules as they help keep the park in good shape and orderly. But I also believe that there has to be some flexibility in those rules. Tony hasn’t learned to bend a little and be a little more personable in his dealings with people. If I acted like he did when dealing with guests while hosting in Oregon State Parks I would have been asked to leave and would not be asked back. Sprinklers in our area came on mid morning everyday so if you don’t want hard water on your vehicles, plan accordingly. Very clean restrooms and laundry facilities. Amenities on the base are outstanding. Go back…????
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or