4.1 50
California 79679
8-14 February 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stay at many military, private and Elks Lodges as full-time RV'ers and this rates in the top 10 of our visits primarily due to the professionalism of the staff, value for your money and amenities on base...not to mention the Blue Angels and other military aircraft that fly constantly. Yes, there are some homesteaders and a bit of a clique but we find that most campgrounds have a "personality" and this one is fun! Beginning with the staff, they were friendly and extremely helpful, even when we called to get a spot on the day we were to arrive. Upon arrival and check-in, I had a 10 minute chat with the manager who was extremely amiable and welcoming. She obviously enjoys her job and takes pride in it. All of the RV'ers we came in contact with were also friendly; inviting us to join them in the morning for a "dog hour" where the owners visit and watch their dogs play together in the park adjoining the park. When I walked to the laundry house I had two offers of a ride...and the list goes on. We have stayed numerous times in one of the top 5 military RV parks in the West, according to this year's survey, and I have to say that although that unnamed park is beautifully designed and has free laundry I would pick this one over that any day! It rained when we were here and yes, there is a lot of mud but who cares, we get to RV full-time and have one of the ultimate benefits, being retired military.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or