4.5 130
California 193953
May 10-12, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I wish that California Military RV Parks would charge as most other states do, less expensive. But, this is CA. This park is very nice. The sites are wide and have a place to park the TOAD or TV, and they are near level. I had a problem with contacting the reservations department and ended up calling the MWR Administration. I never received a call back from either department. Eventually, after many tries I had a human voice to talk to and made my reservations. My concern was that it was a Friday, the two departments are closed over the weekend, and I was trying to arrange a site for the following Monday. I did not know the availability. I did receive a call back from the reservations department on Tuesday, after having been on-site since the day before. The directions to the park are good except that it has not been mentioned that the main gate is very narrow. I mean that my mirrors had about 8 inches, or less, of clearance on each side of the gate. (Just enough) A suggestions is, if you are arriving during working hours, 0600-1630, use the gate on Westminster. It is the truck entrance. You will have to have a decal to use that gate. Once through the Westminster gate, follow the road straight ahead, and just after you pass the view of the RV Park, turn right on Forrestal Ln. It will be the first right after you pass the RV Park. Just past the restaurant "Bunker 33" (which is closed) turn right, not into the Bunker 33 parking lot. Follow that short road to the RV Park office.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or