3.6 89
California 169236
May 18 - 23, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The park is conveniently located to many local attractions including Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, various beaches for sea life viewing and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Carlina (the RV park Mgr) has two free passes to the Aquarium. That saved a bunch of money. Be sure to ask her about local tourism. The PX is located a few miles up the road at the old Fort Ord military complex. When you come into the park, be aware that you must go through the gate into the gold course. Also, the gate is closed after 7 pm or so or when the golf course closes so you will not be able to get in after hours without a gate code. Wifi is good. No cable TV, but several local channels are available with antenna. Shower and laundry facilities are clean. The airport noise is not really a problem; especially after staying at some places with military jets doing touch and go's. Some spaces are close, others are okay. My spot, site 18, was plenty long; but the sewer connection is uphill making it quite a chore to empty tanks. Other than that one drawback, this is a great place to stay for a week or so. If I am in the area again, I will come back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or