4.1 83
California 157060
January 16, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived just three days ago and so far have been more than satisfied. The staff was very friendly and helpful when making our reservations. We spent the first two days driving the coast and seeing the sea elephants, seals, otters and multiple birds. Even in our campsite we have been visited by squirrels, deer and hawks. The sites are large (wide) we have a 35 ft. A class with three sides and there is more than enough room to park our tow car next to it. There is a nice patio with a table that we use for grilling and a great fire ring. Other than the chirping of the birds it is very quiet and the town of San Luis Obispo is a very friendly, eclectic kind of place with shops, restaurants, bars and within 6 minutes of the base. This is also a great location to visit coastal towns up and down the California coast. We are going to be here for two weeks and so far this has been a great experience. The base is a reserve base and no there is not a commissary and the PX is basically something for the barracks personnel to use but the campsite for this location is well worth the money. As I am writing this I have two deer staring at me about 70 feet in front of my RV. We live in Florida and if we decide to visit this part of the country again we would definitely stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or