4.1 83
California 157060
Feb 8-15, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have been winter RV'ing for 6 years, putting over 70,000 miles on our little trailer while staying in many military campgrounds around the US and this is my first review.....and I almost didn't write it! Why, well like your favorite fishing hole you do not want this gem of a facility to leak out and become overrun by others, after all there are only 12 sites available. However our stay was so fantastic I decided to spill the (Navy) beans anyway. The park is nestled in the San Luis Mountains and centrally located between Morro Bay and San Louis Obispo. It is incredibly clean, well maintained and relatively inexpensive by California standards. True, there are no hosts, but a Major who represented the base commander stopped by to make sure we were satisfied.....first time that's happened, ever, anywhere! Another interesting note, unlike many military camping facilities, 100% of the site fees are allocated to taking care of and upgrading the campground. The location is prime for exploring the Central California coastline or for just relaxing in quiet solitude. Check it out, but please save a spot for me when I roll through next year.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts