3.8 89
California 164103
August 12, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Terrible experience and I am submitting this review in hopes that it will not happen to anyone else. So, we are going to California. As a Navy vet, I was pretty excited to find such nice-looking accommodations at such a good price. A yurt on the beach - sound terrific - sign me up! I asked the people on the phone several times to be sure that it was OK that I was no longer active duty, not retired, just your average vet. Sure sure they said. Can you check with your manager, I asked. Sure - everything is fine - looking forward to having you. Flash forward several months and we pull up to the gate, tired and ready to hit the rack at 7:30 p.m. Gate guards say no. We call the office. They say we are so sorry, you have to be active duty to get on the base and so cannot stay here. You know, they said, this is the second time this week that this has happened. The people on the 800 number keep making these reservations. So, there we are, family of five, parked in the dirt lot outside of the gate, googling a new place to stay at 8 p.m. in the evening on a Saturday night. It's not the 800 number people who are to blame here. It's the people who manage the 800 number. This was completely unacceptable - there are other "Navy words" that come to mind. The upshot is that they need to fix this now. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 20

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 13, 2018
I’m going to say this as gently as possible. If you are prior military, you should KNOW if you do not have a valid armed forces ID card, you WONT get on base and CANNOT USE MWR facilities because you are NOT an authorized patron. That’s why you have so many “thumbs down” on your review.
1 results - showing 1 - 1