4.1 129
California 118033
November 6, 2017 - January 22, 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived at Travis AFB Famcamp on November 6, 2017 and planned on staying through December 3. This our 3rd or 4th visit to Travis and we always look forward to our stay. There is so much to do in the area; the Napa and Sonoma, San Francisco, Suisun City. What’s not to like. Much has also been said about the base, the proximity to the Commissary and Exchange, the Library and Fitness Center, so I will not repeat them here. One facility that I don’t believe has been mentioned is the David Grant USAF Medical Center. Shortly before we were to depart, I experienced a medical emergency that made it necessary to visit the ER twice and be admitted for surgery. I cannot make enough positive comment about the professionalism and care that I experienced. They were compassionate and caring and the outcome was excellent. They also picked up on another issue that they have been following. The staff of the Famcamp is excellent. Stephanie, Matt and John, the camp host, went above and beyond to extend our stay until I was released to travel by the medical staff. The facility, however is beginning to show some signs of deterioration. The interior roads in the park are deplorable. Pots holes make navigating the center road nearly impossible. There is a mobile home in the park that the manager lives in and while I understand that it is a great benefit, it has begun to show its age. The restrooms are clean and well kept. I find it interesting that the “best” sites are reserved for those with no pets. They have some amenities, i.e. hedges separating the sites that are not available in the main park. Nevertheless, a great place to stay and visit. We will return. We will miss reveille, colors and taps. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts