Colorado 99532
May 31, 2012
(Updated: June 01, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It isn’t necessary for me to repeat most of the information that others have posted for the campground. I found most of it accurate with a couple exceptions. First, this facility most likely will never be a ‘Five’. It will need to make huge advancements toward the common resort type amenities that actually deserve that rating. Wi-Fi, landscaping, cable, etc. would be some of those necessary to garner a five. If anyone thinks that the military is just going to cut a check for that then they haven’t been to many FamCamps. There is a body of water at the campground, but it is not a “lake.” At best, it is a small pond and there is a posted sign that tells you to stay away from it. The laundry facility is clean and it is free. It is true that you can get a refund if your stay is shortened. However, what is not published is that there is a one day charge if you fail to honor your reservation time-frame without prior notice. I was only able to interact with the staff via telephone calls. All of them were courteous, helpful, and professional. As had been said before, “You only get one chance to make a good first impression.” Knee deep grass is not a first good impression for anyone. I am not going to second guess the rational for not moving the grass, but since that comment made it into most of the other reviews, then it’s a given that it is not a good first impression. If you need a decent place to stay this C/G is easy access on and off, a good value for the money, and you can take advantage of the on base facilities.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or