Colorado 99605
August 13 - Sept 13, 2012
(Updated: August 23, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our second stop here to visit family. I first thought this new famcamp was on its way to be a very good famcamp. I think the first reviews (including mine) were optimistic. All the grass is dead (experiencing a severe drought) except around the restrooms/laundry where it is sprinkled. The camp host situation as I was told by Jeff has changed...they are looking for a camp host but there are no benefits to host here except you can stay as long as you host. No commitment, no compensation and no defined duties. Hopefully there will be a commitment from the base to put some trees in to break the wind, to replace the grass, and to do something with the pond area over the winter and next spring. Signage is still a problem, as is the check in procedure. The only famcamp signage is when you have driven the entire length of the base. If you have anything bigger than a class b van you can not go to outdoor rec to sign in and get a site because their parking lot is small and already had many vehicles parked in the parking lot. So you need to go to the campground and find a site, go back to outdoor rec and only to find out that you must move to another site since they reserve a specific site when you call in for reservations. Even with the lower ratings I gave the famcamp, it is better than local campgrounds. If you are using this as a home base to see Denver you would do well to stay here, if you are also traveling to Colorado Springs. The Academy is cheaper and has more to offer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts