Colorado 99506
14 JUNE 2013
(Updated: June 15, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with the previous reviewer, skip this place and head to one of the other military campgrounds nearby. Grounds are a mess, tall sporadic grass, when it rains mud flows everywhere so much so my spot had inch thick dried mud on it that I cleaned up. Reservations are very disorganized, you call and pay in advance but spots are not assigned and if you arrive after hours without a reservation you can just pick a spot. So we had a reservation and had already paid but arrived later in the day and the only spots left were three broken spots. I took apart a broken water connection from one and got enough parts to fix a different spot. Of course if there is a host he is not marked and no where to be found. When these issues were brought up to the outdoor rec personnel they were not willing to help or accept any responsibility. It's a shame because the campground could be very nice, has a nice layout and is close to Denver and all of its attractions but until they get some management just skip it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or