3.6 72
Colorado 99404
July 7, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Our stay here is in 2 parts, with a 10 day gap in between as we travel to Yellowstone. Outdoor Rec took my reservation dates about 6 weeks prior to arriving with no problem, but when I called closer to arrival to add or change a date I was told, "We haven't been able to take reservations for about 3 weeks because of a computer problem, but you should be able to find a spot." Really???? We are now in the second part of our stay and really happy we have a good generator! The entire base is just odd. It is a combination of brand new facilities and what appears to be outright neglect. The Camp has a brand new bath house with 2 FREE washers and dryers, but is not given a very thorough cleaning. The maintenance is performed by civilian contractors who come in from off base. The mowing issue is ridiculous. The story I was told (By a Nat'l Guard member who operates on base and has been here for the last 2 months) is that the grounds keeping contract was terminated at the last expiration and that the "sequestration issue" has prevented them from issuing another contract. Enlisted personnel have to do the mowing, but they have no equipment! So ... they have to borrow mowers from the National Guard side of the base to cut the grass! Nat'l guard have mowers because they maintain the airfield, while the base personnel have the radar & satellites. I dunno ... sounds like a huge "cluster" to me. We are also experiencing a base wide power outage due to bad storms that went through the area last night. It has now been 24 hours with low, intermittent and finally, no power at all. Excel Power is alleged to be the culprit ... but the main gate is shut down because the huge barriers can apparently come up from the earth with no warning, and there is said to be NO manual override. Huh. Two other gates are open, but things are chaotic. I spoke to the wife of one man who was putting their rig into the secure storage lot while she waited at the Exchange. While he was in the lot the power went out again, and he was trapped inside because the keypad to open the gate for exit could not be operated! No one at the Base Switchboard knew who to contact to try and get the guy out. I hope the base Commander gets to read this comment. This park would be a lovely, lovely place to come and could really do this base proud ... but just now it is a mess. BRAND NEW pads and utilities, NEW laundry & showers ... NO HOST and NO MAINTENANCE. What a crying shame!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or