3.6 72
Colorado 99409
July 15 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Another BAD AFB campground experience. VERY POORLY MANAGED FamCamp. We were welcomed to the FamCamp by 2 young kids (maybe 12 years old). ADA sites are being used by anyone staying and are not just for the disabled (according to Outdoor Rec) as all the sites are a first come/first served. We were there for 3 days before anyone was at the office for us to pay for our stay. The grass was ridiculously high and when I asked about it, I was told there was a lawnmower at the FamCamp I could use free of charge. We had reservations to stay for 30 days but only stayed for 7. Got a phone call and text 2 days later from the camp host asking if we had left or was still there. No base map, local map(s), nor information was provided at any time during our stay. The plus side of this camp was the free laundry (2 washers/dryers) and the BX/Commissary were close and of average sized. The fitness path was nice and with the wild rabbits and prairie dogs provided some comical bike rides. This could really be a great place to stay if the Base Command would get involved and show some pride in their facilities and ensure some responsible adults are available for checking in patrons.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 29, 2015
To explain why you were greeted by a 14 year old not a 12 year old..I had fallen that day and was in the emergency room upon your arrival, there is nothing that says she could not hand you your occupancy card to you. It was a Sunday and Outdoor Rec was closed. ADA sites can be used by anyone, we don't ask if they need a handicapped site, if it is asked for we would ask someone to move and everyone here is very kindly do that if it was suggested. The grass has been mowed 7 times this year already and last year it was mowed twice and we stay on top of it, according to CE the grass has to be 5 improved/10 un-improved inches before they will mow it. I did a courtesy call because we knew you were no longer in the FAMCAMP, not once did you come to me and say you had a problem. So I assumed you left for other reasons, besides all your complaints above..I am sorry you felt you had a bad experience but when we arrived back at FAMCAMP you were greeted by my husband and he explained the situation. The FAMCAMP is better than it has been the last 2 years and we are trying greatly to improve it more...out of courtesy I wish you would of addressed these promblems with me or my husband first before making a bad review on Buckley Airforce Base FAMCAMP....
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts