3.6 72
Colorado 99583
July 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have to disagree with the last reviewer, who was also here this month. Comparing this stay with one 2 years ago shows great improvement in the management of this camp. That is not to say that it couldn't be better, but progress is being made. 2 years ago the grass and weeds were knee high and higher ... such a shame in a facility with otherwise great potential. The ground cover is still rough, but it is trimmed to a 5" level (appropriate for drought conditions) and if it gets too high before the next trim, there is a lawnmower that you can borrow and keep your site to your own preference. (This offer is made by the Camp Host with tongue in cheek, but I think he will give you the loan of his machine!) If you report that you have seen a snake, they will mow immediately ... there have been rattlesnakes seen in the past, though rarely. The Outdoor Rec office was fine to work with when I called for availability. You go to the FamCamp, choose a site, and then go to outdoor rec to check in. Bear in mind that this camp fills up quickly in the summer and if you park in a site without a reservation, you may get bad news that all the sites have been spoken for and you will need to get back on the road. There is no overflow, but there is a place to park in the campground while you are securing your spot at Outdoor Rec, if you have not reserved. We were greeted promptly and nicely when we arrived, and the Camp Host made sure we were on the list of arrivals. They carefully explained the grass situation (after I commented on how much better the place looked) and the mention of snakes (it IS Colorado, after all!). The 2 young ladies mentioned in a prior review are the Camp Host's daughters and they are lovely and helpful kids. The laundry equipment is new (and free!) and the showers/bathrooms were very clean. The dumpsters are handy and at one end of the facility ... the farther the better, in my book, if you are worried about rodents and what is wanting to EAT the rodents! It is a small camp ... more trash receptacles would be silly. There ARE several places to get a bag or dispose of doggy waste. That is a plus in my book! The Main Gate closes at 6pm, which is a pain, because it is a long way around to the Mississippi Gate (RV and Commercial). Remember that RVs and large vehicles MUST use Mississippi. With the GPS coordinates, it is easily found. Medium sized BX and Commissary, but every other store under the sun within 5 miles. Great proximity to Denver airport, loads to see and do. Great Verizon signal for my personal wifi. All sites have full hookups, concrete pad and table. No trees, but that means a great shot at the sky for your satellite. LOVE being near the airstrip ... super exciting things to watch!. Very few long term campers ... no homesteaders who have been here for years, that I can see. Clean, tidy and fine camp.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 29, 2015
Thank you for the kind words, we are doing our best to make this a better experience than over the last few years...we are glad you enjoyed your visit!! We hope to see you in the future.
1 results - showing 1 - 1