4.5 156
Colorado 174236
August 23, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

PROS: The campground itself is lovely, high up in the piney woods of the Air Force Academy. BX, Commissary are around 10-15 minutes away. Walmart 30 minutes away. Finding the FamCamp was easy. Toilets were clean. Laundry facility was clean and easily usable. CONS: Sites are very tight, especially for bigger rigs. Entering between the pine trees was a bit scary. The sites themselves are dirt. The sites are terribly uneven. I have a 44' toy hauler and the site is so uneven that I could not fully lower the ramp to take out my bike. At $24 a night this camp is overpriced, AND, I was told that the price is going up to as much as $30. Way too little in amenities for that price. The showers were so filthy that I would definitely not shower in them. On the bright side, the staff was friendly, camp was quiet except for the constant trains...but...it is an AFB, so trains are expected. So, in closing I would say that RVers need to be prepared for close quarters, to high prices, and nasty showers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or