4.0 140
Florida 206855
6 Aug 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Noseeum Bugs We stayed here 6,7,8 Aug 2018. I would rate as 5 stars if it weren’t for the no see um bugs. This was my first and hopefully my last encounter with them. I wish we’d been warned about them at check- in and I would have known better than to be outside and endure their stinging bites which I thought were harmless. A warning at checkin would have also saved me hours of research on the Internet figuring out what had bitten me. A day or two after we left the campsite, we both started getting red welts all over our ankles, legs and arms. The welts/bites itches worse than anything I’ve ever had, even waking me up during the night. After tearing the motorhome apart looking for bedbugs, fleas, ants or any other bug that could be biting us, I finally read about noseeums and how their bites show up 1 to 2 days later. The itching lasts for about 9 days. I had at least 50 bites and looked like a human pin cushion. It was miserable. The best thing I found to help was oil mixed with a few drops of tea tree essential oil. I’m not blaming Patrick AFB because from what I read, there isn’t an insecticide to control them. My gripe is that they didn’t warn us about them. I’m guessing I’m not the only one who has never encountered this pest before. I would have limited my time outside and worn deets protection to keep them away. We were at a site near the construction area on the beach. Perhaps the disturbance of the sandy construction area kicked them up?? Just beware.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts