4.2 74
January 2012
(Updated: January 19, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our second stay at the Southside Campground. Both visits have not been enjoyable. The Marina staff gave us incorrect authorizations each time when we made our reservations. During the first visit the incorrect authorization allowing both my ID and my wife's ID to reserve spaces (as Pensacola and many others allow) caused us to leave shortly after arriving. Jerry was host at the time and made the experience even more difficult. Our second visit has been difficult also. Nicole with the Marina staff assured me that it would be no problem allowing our 2 small dogs and the 2 small dogs of widowed sister who is staying with us. Host Shiela was hesitant but said she would notify management of the 4 dogs. WRONG!! Well! Campers were friendly upon on arrival, but after learning I am 100% disabled, not retired 2 guests complained about the dogs awakening them, which we think was not a valid complaint. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease". Make certain to request campground rules prior to stay and follow them TO THE LETTER no matter what reservationists or camp host promises. Guests RULE. Sheila is a pleasant host and just does her job.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or