Florida 207179
Feb 9, 20013
(Updated: February 18, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Warning, we have stayed at this Famcamp many times, but the last time was in 2011. We attempted to spend one night here on 9 Feb. I tried to call the office five times and the message said my calls were during office hours but no answer. Since we stayed here many time in route, we assumed we could spend one night in dry camp overflow, wrong assumption. We arrived at the large vehicle gate at 5pm and waited about 45 minutes to get on base. We arrived at the Famcamp at 6pm. The host on duty didn't look happy and after a few minutes we were not happy campers. No room at the Inn, the overflow was full, the Base/Wing Commander only allows three RVs in overflow. I was very tired after a 450 mile drive. They said we had to leave the base, After about 10 calls to parks we attempted to leave the base, which took about another hour, then a 30 mile drive to a county park in the dark. Looks like this park only caters to long term residents, or to someone that knows someone. I've been retired 10 years and never been turned away from a military Famcamp. The poor communication on the phone message was the main problem, if they had offered me a warning I would stayed at a commercial park. I guess I learned a lesson.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or