Florida 310521
March 10, 2013
(Updated: March 20, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived here with reservations made 4 months ago for a front row site. At registration we were told that we didn't have reservations even though we had a confirmation number. The check-in person had a list of March 10 arrivals and our name wasn't on it. The computer was down so she couldn't double check. We were told that dry camp was all that was available. We need electricity. My wife has to have oxygen wile she sleeps. We asked to see the manager. It being Sunday the manager wasn't in but the office person called her and she agreed to come in and talk to us. We were directed to the dry camp area to wait. We waited for about an hour and half. My wife went in to deal with the manager. She got the same story. We didn't have reservations. We weren't on the list. The manager did find us a spot with electricity and water for the night. She said she would check things out the next day if the computer came back up. The next day we went to the office and the manager produced a piece of paper with my name and an arrival day of April 10. No Way! When I make a reservation I have an index card with name of the establishment, address, phone number, arrival date and departure date. My index card had March 10 as the arrival date. When making the reservation no way would I look at March 10 and say April 10. At first I thought they bumped me for someone else or was punishing me for my complaints last year. But, I've had a week to think it over and I don't think they would do something like that. At least I hope not. We couldn't stay any longer at Pelican Roost so had to scramble to find somewhere else to stay for 10 days. NAS Jacksonville was full. We don't do commercial campgrounds unless we have to. We had reservations at Eagle Hammock to arrive on March 20. We called them and they gave us an additional 3 days up front. Crooked River State Park adjacent to Kings Bay had a site available until the weekend at which time we would have to move someplace else for 2 days. We didn't want to do that. We were able to get 6 days at Laura S. Walker State Park in Waycross which turned out to be a great choice. We arrived at Eagle Hammock on March 17 and checked in with no problems at all. It was not a good experience at Pelican Roost.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 4

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts