4.5 114
April 9-18, 2013
(Updated: April 30, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is one of our favorite campgrounds. We made reservations 3 months out and at that time assigned Site #17 and that is where we parked. While checking in one of the office persons received a call that the Blue Angels had cancelled everything including their practices. We had looked forward to seeing them but there are enough other things to do around the area to keep you occupied. We visited the National Cemetery and Fort Barrancas on base and for the first time, Fort Pickens. The real only bad thing about this park is it's lack of WiFi. You can get WiFi from a private concern if you want to pay. We had been without for about 2 weeks and decided to pay the 14.95 for a week. The connections were mediocre at best. We decided that next time we would not do this again and instead go down the road to the Starbucks or Nex and use theirs. It's free, the connections are good and you can sit in your vehicle if you choose. You can wash your vehicles on site but anything with chemicals is not allowed. For the dirtier vehicles there is a wash rack (free)just down the road but if you go there take your own hose as most of theirs are rotten. I hope the following was an isolated thing and doesn't go any further. My next door neighbor had a top-load deep freezer on his patio and I saw another site with a refrigerator. I can understand the frig better than a freezer. Anyway, we enjoyed our visit and looking forward to next time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or