Review Detail

4.4 101
Christmas week 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were here over Christmas week. Every spot that could be a site is. And when this park is full, they are stacked in like a cord of firewood! When you get your rig in, then park your personal vehicle, there is only room for one to drive on the road. We experienced a neighbor coming in about 200am & was having difficulty backing his trailer in because of a vehicle parked across from his spot. And it was raining! He finally got in & called it parked. Definitely a park where one wants to get in with daylight & while people are awake where they can move their vehicle for you! We used this rec area for a family get together. 2 sets in the RV Park & 2 more families over in the hotel area of the Rec Area. The rooms were really nice! Very clean & roomy. The laundry rooms are clean & efficient. Marina on site but nothing up during this time of year. And it was way too cold for the pool or the splash park. The water area has a very nice layout. There is also an area with lines of loungers set to look out on the bay. We would definitely come back here as the Rec Area is a really nice setting. Close to great restaurants. Plus an awesome outlet mall near. Got great deals after Christmas! As this is a Rec Area located on the bay it is not on a base. If you want the commissary or exchange, go to Eglin. Plus you have Publix & several other local grocery stores plus WalMart nearby. After seeing pictures of Destin from the summer, I don't know if I want to endure those crowds! But I would like to come back to the Rec Area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts