4.7 227
Florida 310521
March 1 - 8, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I Agree with all the positive remarks. Mayport is a beautiful well kept campground. We were taken back, several times by two different host. Our small dog, wanted to stay out after a walk, and my husband hooked her up to a small "chain". The doors and windows were opened, so we could keep a close watch. One of the hosts was walking thru our site, and our dog began to park. We immediately went to see, what she was barking at. My husband was told in a arrogant manner, dogs were not to be left unattended. I feel unattended means leaving a dog out while you leave the campsite, or having the unit, closed up, were you can't watch the dog. Our dog is generally not a barker, but she felt the man was coming on our campsite. She loves people and the outside. We did not leave her out after that. The day we were leaving, they had brought a model of a scud missile launcher, which was directly in from of our RV. My husband was coming back from walking the dog, and wanted to get a closer look of the model. Another host, yelled at my husband, that wasn't a dog walking area. It was only about 20 feet in front of us. We have always followed the rules, especially when it comes to our dog. I just felt the men just liked to feel they were entitled to shout orders, when they had the chance. We had been to Mayport several years ago, and it was full just like our recent visit. I can't understand why they need 10 host, who just take up spaces, and act like they own the place.
KK
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or