Florida 443984
15-28 Sept 2014
(Updated: November 09, 2015)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This essentially is a cut and paste from my post on the forum. Haven't been here for several years and never during the off season. Others have reviewed. We had nothing but good contacts with the hosts and office. One host had biscuits for the dogs like Loretta used to do. Bottom line is that everyone was professional and pleasant. -Roosevelt Blvd is finished so no need to do the alt route described in the directions...BUT it is a good thing to do to avoid the hard right turn by the motel when there are vehicles exiting Sigsbee. But, it is not a big deal either way. -Gate IS manned, sometimes...usually during the day and not at night! It varies so have your ID card handy. I was asked once if I had weapons to declare. I didn't. -Don't know if this is new but it seems so: don't turn left into the street in front of the office...they built an access just behind the office that leads to places to park for registration. So, proceed about 25 yards before turning and you'll see the access. The office told me that signage is being made to better depict this and should be in place for snowbird season. -Nice folks in the office...but, man the paperwork the base requires! Do carry your vehicle reg/insurance and pet papers. -THERE IS NO WifI any more except at the office. This is recent, I think. The wifi radio is broadcasting in the CG area but it isn't connected to anything. Maybe they will get a new contract in place soon. -Not new but some folks don't know it, there is NO TV unless you have satellite. No over the air or cable. -Maybe not new but the CG Duty Office at Trumbo is now next to the pedestrian gate and you can park at the CG station and walk into town. (when last here you had to walk through the main vehicle gate and another time you had to go into HQ bldg to get the gate code.) Gate closes at, 2200 or thereabouts. Also, no more fishing from the pier like you could several years ago. At least, that is what the signs say.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or