4.3 170
Florida 443706
15 - 24 November 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I read a couple other reviews and one individual found lots of faults.... that was not my experience at all. Many times people seem to have a need to search out problems. I arrived on a Saturday and the camp host was AWESOME. He lead me to a waterfront dry campsite as the full hook-ups were full. The campground was just beginning to fill up. After one day I was informed by a camphost that on Monday I was slated to move to a full site - again waterfront. The older portion with full hook-ups is tight quarters but hey you are there for KEY WEST... At first I thought the rotation from dry to full hookups was odd but it QUICKLY made sense. Excellent BX, Commissary nearby. Went to the sunset bar and it was a nice experience and the food was good, even tho they would be well served to repair the building. Awesome marina! I learned that this is the Navy's best money maker but they are forced to share revenues with all facilities nationwide so the changes they would like to do are difficult. Most people say you will get 2 weeks on power and 3 to 4 weeks off power. I found the shower and laundry facilities to be well kept and very good showers. I was able to ride my bike to the attractions pretty easily and had an amazing time. I look forward to returning and staying for most of the winter. Nothing is ever perfect - more electric sites would be great but the value is amazing. Try comparing the rates to what people are paying on the community for RVing in Key West and EVERY complaint would quickly show its irrelevance. The only minor downside was a little more confusion than should have been when I extended my stay for a couple days. The staff was excellent at assisting and recommending things to see - rebates and places to eat. If you go.. you won't want to leave!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or