Review Detail

4.2 116
March 8-13, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The campgrounds are in a great location with a nice beach and close to the NAS Pensacola. Getting a reservation was a nightmare. I called several times over several days and did not get an answer, both at the Rec Area and the main MWR at the Air Station. I left messages on the dates I was interested in and never received a return call. I finally got through and made reservations and the first day fee was taken from my CC. We arrived Sunday and the girls at the gate/info center stated that she could not find our reservation. We had booked the Battleship Row side and she said she could squeeze us in for a few days but we would have to come back to talk to Mike. After driving 750 miles that is not what you want to hear. We didn't know that you just picked an open space and claimed it. So we drove around and decided to stay on the Anchor Row side. The girl at the from desk was very helpful and tried to accommodate us but she was to overwhelmed with checking people in, checking passes, getting fishing permits etc... We did enjoy our week there but would probably opt for the Battleship side since the Anchor side did not have the cement pads and full hookups. One day the bath house was closed and there was no sign as to when it would open. The store had odd hours and it seemed like every time we checked it was closed. I would suggest that they fix the reservation line, at least call people back if they are not able to get through. An information brochure for the park with hours, locations (laundry location and pet wash) and local stores. It was not a great trip but we would give it another shot.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or