4.2 50
Georgia 105578
June 19 - 23, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

A pretty nice place. We didn't really take advantage of the facilities as it was just too hot & humid! Our oldest son is stationed at Ft. Gordon, so we spent all our time in AC! Our grandson enjoyed the "beach" at the lake. I saw the golf course on base & while it was just too humid for this desert rat to play it, it looked like a really nice one! The RV sites are "ok" & there are a lot of them & NOW that they TAKE RESERVATIONS, highly utilized! Thankfully when I called early on the 19th they had 2 sites left which I gladly gave them a credit card # to reserve one! It was a wooded one, in section 3, but no satellite capability because of the tall & thick pine trees. The next day a few weekend warriors left & I was able to get a more open site in section 2 over looking the lake. I noticed that a lot of sites were reserved for 30 days, but no one utilizing them. It seemed that they were weekend warriors wanting to make sure they had a site for the weekends. It can be a bummer for "us" retirees, but the Fam Camp gets the "bucks" for the entire 30 days! We will go back for several more visits as our son will be at Ft. Gordon for several yrs, but NOT in the summer!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or