3.5 84
Georgia 151936
July 16, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As other reviewers have stated, this place is a mud hole when in rains! When the sun's out and it drys up some, it's fairly attractive. They have 16 sites. A "few" homesteaders is probably quite and understatement. Also, the fact that it's mostly pull-throughs with a few back-ins is reversed, in my opinion. We came for 4 nights with a reservation. All the nice sites (and pull-throughs) were taken by long-term campers (all but one locals). It had been raining for days and we were stuck with the last back-in that you could walk from the dinghy to the RV. There were 2 other sites left when we parked. The other 13 were mostly locals and looked like they had "set up for the summer." Whatever the site says about a 14-day limit is obviously not enforced. Maybe that means you can come in every 14 days and pay for the next 14 days. One other RV showed up while we were there and took a back-in that was under water when it was raining. Since that was a 42 to 45 foot coach, he wouldn't have had a place to park if we had taken that one. No showers, laundry, WiFi, etc; bare bones camping. Yes, they have cable, and that's great because the trees block satellite; but, I only found 37 channels. With public access and duplicates; maybe 10 to 15. Lest this sound completely negative, I was glad to have a place with full-hookups in Savannah for $22 a night. The electric was good, the water had good pressure, and our Verizon phones and MiFi worked great. I enjoy staying on-post, inside the gate and security checks. I would come here again. Finally, I'm not sure how they manage reservations. We made one, but they've been closed the whole time we've been here. If a "drop in" takes the last site; what about your reservation? I don't know how that works. There's only one site left now and they're still closed. What if a drop in takes it and someone had a reservation? An on-site host would be nice.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or