4.6 97
Georgia 145568
March 25, 1014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were on the road and called to see if we could make a reservation. We were told that a rally was going on for that weekend and the following week and the RV park would be full during that time. We made other arrangements nearby. During a trip to Fort Benning to use the Exchange and Commissary, we decided to drive through the park. Every site in the front section except one was occupied with a motorhome with a club emblem attached. There were no people around and no towed vehicles. Someone (don't know how true) said the rally was on weekends with the RV occupants going back home during the week and returning the following weekend. I just wonder how many authorized users to this park live within driving distance that they can go home and come back just for the weekend. I also wonder how many of these folks are not military connected and not authorized to use this park. I'll probably never know.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
April 10, 2014
We were told it was a S*M*A*R*T group coming in and we saw many with stickers in the new area and they were around the whole time so not sure what other group had come in.
April 11, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Thanks. I couldn't make out the club signs from the road. S*M*A*R*T would be ok but they changed the rules a few years ago and it's not just open to active and retired anymore. I made a mistake I won't make again by not having reservations. I've just driven in before without any problems. Take care.
May 26, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

We called to schedule reservations from Florida and we were told none needed. When we arrived of course it was a different story. They did do their best to accommodate us on Memorial Day weekend and it worked out but I won't let that happen again...
3 results - showing 1 - 3
Cron Job Starts