3.5 84
Georgia 151923
May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We chose to come to Lotts Island RV Park since it was so close to Savannah GA. I think this was a mistake and I should have turned off at Ft Stewart instead. We called the day before arriving to see if they had anything available. Mike told us he'd have to check with the woman who worked there and that he would call us back since she had to make a trip to the RV park to check what was open. I guess their "books" are inaccurate. WE made 3 more calls to no avail and Mike NEVER returned our calls. Since Mike "thought" there was a site open, we gambled and headed to Lotts Island to see the following day. After arriving, we pulled into the RV park and unhooked to go over to the MWR office since it's a long trek. Good thing we did unhook since the parking lot at the MWR office is not RV friendly with gravel road and lots of potholes. When we checked in, they still weren't sure if they had space. We finally got a slot for 2 nights, but NO information is provided from the staff unless you know what to ask for. We forgot to ask if there was a wifi password, our mistake. After getting back to the RV park and trying to connect to the wifi, it REQUIRED a password. I called back to the MWR office and they didn't answer the phone for over 30 minutes! Once they finally did answer, they weren't sure of the wifi password. Make sure you connect to the HB_Campground3 network…it's the one the password works on. The RV Park is a gravel road and each of the power poles is surrounded by LARGE YELLOW cement/metal poles. We saw yellow paint on MANY of the RVs, so it's obvious that there was contact. Also, some of the slots (site 8) are really hard to get into. One individual was assigned site 8 and chose to dry camp since he couldn't get his 5er into the spot. The wifi is spotty! It does work, but goes up and down. They claim they have CATV, but they need to remove this from their amenities. They do have a CATV hookup, but only ONE channel comes in! We chose to use the antenna and received many more…all of the local channels (12 in all). The sites have large cement pads for the picnic table (which by the way is attached to the cement and can't be moved). Also, each site has a fire ring! The road in the RV Park is gravel (at best) and has many potholes. Also, the drive around the park puts you "danger close" to other rigs already parked since the sites are very close to the road -- watch out for those yellow poles. The sites themselves are somewhat level, but one gravel which is deteriorating. NOTE: the sites around site 8 are downhill and appeared to be "damp" even though it hadn't rained in a while. It looks like these sites become "lakes" during rains. I would stay in sights 1-4 or 10-16. Finally, you will find SEVERAL of the residents are LONG TERM residents or active duty people LIVING in the park. With only 16 sites, over half are TAKEN all of the time! It's obvious that the MWR Staff ignores the RV Park and doesn't come over to help things run smoothly probably because of the long drive! If they had a camp host or took a little more interest in the RV park, it could be a real gem. The park is unkept and ignored. I would only recommend this RV Park if you want to be close to downtown Savannah (still a drive and the traffic is horrendous during rush hour) and the mall (it's right out the gate). If not, go to Ft Stewart if you're in the area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or