4.2 50
Georgia 105580
April 9-13, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This facility is full of contradictions.  At first look its a fantastic park.  The Staff is more than helpful.  I was initially assigned a spot in campground #2,  I arrived just minutes before the office closed and checkin was done without any problem, front desk very polite.  I went to my site, found two large holes in gravel pad, appears that a dully dug up the area during a particularly wet time.  the pile of disturbed gravel and the holes combined would make it impossible to get in the site.  I returned to the office after they had officially closed but before anyone had actually left.  I explained my problems with my site and requested another.  The Staff individual sat down and found me an alternate site, He went over and above what I have found at other places after closing.  The alternate site was a pull thru and its location is fantastic, I could not have asked for a better site. Now the bad. bath house, looks great is new, but not well maintained, only one of the two showers had a shower head.  NO HOT WATER.  mud dirt and mold visible. Laundry, only 2 washers and 2 dryers, room is moldy has been and in fact did flood while washers in operation.  so poor pluming, drainage, and /or up keep.  It appears that the ARMY spent considerable funds to update and set up this camp, but then did not provide the resources to maintain it properly. So appearance 5 stars, this is a beautiful camp.  Helpful office staff 5 stars, they could have told me to bad we are closed but did not, instead they worked out a solution that was better than the original. Amenities and facilities 4 lots of new construction but not much upkeep. Will be back, have already reserved spot for next Month.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or