Review Detail

3.4 48
June 14 - 24, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with most of the reviews; 1) Dump station by Marina - do it before you head to the CG, and it is difficult on weekends/4-days when busy, and fill with water 2) Showers old/rustic, also at the Marina; early morning or evening is best, 3) Easy to manuever RVs through gate five; make sure you have your pass (Main gate Visitor Center), 4) LOVELY VIEW; Wonderful beach (Nunn beach has lifeguards on Th-Su), 5) clean CG with "long drop" potties. 6) A very spread-out base; NEX/Comm "off" base. For families with kids there are little beaches to explore and a large field next to camp for soccer and baseball/frisbee, Nunn beach (for swimming) close by. Bowling cheap on Wed!! Community Center sucks (my kids report); not worth the venture. LAUNDRY; call the Navy Lodge; unless they are swamped, you CAN do it there!! Library usually very busy at nights/weekends with new recruits, but they have movies to check out! No recycling, yet, but they are working at getting bins in the CG. Train easy access to Chicago, and I would definately stay here again!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or