Review Detail

3.4 48
May 12 - June 10, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are currently staying at this campground while my husband and I receive medical treatment at the VA Hospital. Pros: The views are magnificent. The price is right especially for the Chicago area. We are currently paying $400 for a month. The Illinois Beach State Park just to the north is $25 nightly, and their 30 amp is not very good. The people at the Marina are very helpful when you register. There is a very clean laundry room at the Marina. This is also where you must water up and dump. Once your rig and car are registered, it is very easy to access the base with your ID. The Exchange and Commissary are off base, but very close and easy to get to. Cons: There is only 30 amp at the sites except for one handicap site which has 50 amp. However, if you watch your usage, 30 amps is fine. You do have to drive a little bit to the water/dump area, and it is a learning curve to get your rig exactly right for dumping and watering because a large concrete abutment is sheltering the dump area. We had to pull forward more so our bays would open. There are several rigs here who seem to be living fulltime; some seem to be used for storage since we have been here a week and never seen anyone at their site. Overall we would definitely stay here again. We have a 40 ft motorhome.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 14, 2010
I have a question about catching public transportation into downtown Chicago to site see. Is it close to the campground? Anything will help. Thanks
July 17, 2010
In reply to an earlier comment

The Metra train to Chicago is right outside the hospital gate. There is parking at the train station. You could walk it from the campground, but it's quite a hike and uphill part of the way.
2 results - showing 1 - 2