Review Detail

Overall rating 

Cleanliness/Hospitality 

Amenities/Facilities 

Value 

Overall Experience 

June 20 - 21, 2010

I just spent two nights here at McConnell. The airman at the gate gave me directions to the famcamp which was easy to find. Its small, old, sites right next to each other, and there are absolutely no signs at the famcamp on how or where to register. I chose an empty site and set up, got my instructions on how to register from this website! The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. She did say that at times the famcamp is full and calling ahead for a reservation is a good idea. She offered the hotel laundromat at no charge to do laundry. She also mentioned that if you have pets you must present their shot records in order to register. And the planned expansion is not ever happening as far as she knew, still in the rumor/talking stage. The camp itself is not really suitable for a big rig, and there are no sewer hookups. The cable tv outlet on the electric box is not hooked to anything hence is not functional, but the electric worked. The camp is located in a very pleasant and out of the way part of the base. Lots of grass, a couple of small lakes nearby. Base amenities are fine but be aware that the class VI store is overcharging outrageously. I was shocked at the prices and mentioned it to someone standing next to me with a clipboard. He turned out to be the beer distributor and said the manager was using an 80% markup vs. the 20% that was normal off base. Otherwise it was a quiet pleasant place to stop for a couple of nights, I'd stay there again.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or