Review Detail

Overall rating 

Cleanliness/Hospitality 

Amenities/Facilities 

Value 

Overall Experience 

12-18 Apr 2014

The daily rate is $18. FamCamp is set near a pond surrounded by picnic areas. Catch and release fishing allowed in the pond. There are two 34-person tornado shelters, one at each end of the campground. There are two each washers and dryers in the laundry room. Free! The bathhouse is small, with no dressing room privacy whatsoever, and very dirty. It was not cleaned at all in the week we were there and seemingly had not been cleaned for some time before. We were told by Outdoor Rec that, because of funding shortfalls, the cleaning contract called for cleaning once a month! Directions from the south: Take Exit 42 off the I-35 toll road; after passing through the toll booth, continue straight on to 47th street; turn right (east) on 47th street for about 3.5 miles; left (north) on Rock Road for approximately 2.5 miles to the main gate on left. From the north on I-35 toll road take the Kellogg Avenue exit (Exit 50) and go west to Rock Road, south to the main gate; from the north on I-135 get off at Exit 6A onto Kellog Avenue and go east to Rock Road, south to the main gate. The Air Capital Inn is the first building on the left after passing through the gate. There is enough room (barely) to park a big rig up against the curb in the Inn's parking lot while you go inside to check in.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

To write a comment please register or