• Page:

TOPIC: Key West NAS

Key West NAS 1 week 1 day ago #16403

• kohldad
  • kohldad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hoping to make a quick trip down to Key West in Jan and planned on staying at Key West NAS. DOD Civilian so know I can use it but without reservations. Understand that they also don't turn anyone away but odds are I won't get a site with hookups. Since I don't need hookups, no problem there and prefer no reservation.

Does this seem reasonable? Will call the famcamp before I leave just to confirm, but wanted to ask here first.

Key West NAS 1 week 1 day ago #16404

• floridakamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
There are some Key West regulars that frequent this site, so I'm sure they'll give you good advice. Here's some you might want to verify. The military campgrounds in Key West experienced damage from Hurricane Irma. I think they are all still closed. I have heard that they are trying to open some area's this month. Keep your travel plans flexible and check with Key West periodically. Merry Christmas.

Key West NAS 2 days 11 hours ago #16411

• Kokomo36
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Roger & Bonnie 2014 Phaeton 40QBH & Jeep Liberty
  • Thank you received: 29
Starting 2 years ago, they have turned people away. Normally in February.
They are still closed to all but active duty stationed there and DOD working on Base.
An announcement regarding the opening adte and a RESERVATION policy to prevent a mass surge will also be coming.
Stay VERY flexible and contact the Office, probably after January 1st for definitive info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: floridakamper, larryf, kohldad
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds