How to sign up to be able to stay at a campground?

  • Gringo
  • Gringo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #16764 by Gringo
I am new on this forum and have a few questions. I served from 1965-1967 with an honorable discharge and now have a 100% disabled rating.

How does one sign up in order to be able to stay at a facility in my 27 foot class A motorhome? I can provide almost any type of paperwork , just need to know where to start and what I need to do.

Also, do I need to check this website for replies or is my E-Mail address notified that there is a message?

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • larryf
  • larryf's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Full-timers in 40' Phaeton MH w/ Jeep G Cherokee
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #16765 by larryf
Welcome to the site!

Take your DD214 and any paperwork you have showing your 100% disability to the nearest military installation. You want the office that handles ID cards. With the proper paperwork, you can get an ID card reflecting your base privileges, including access to MWR facilities. This ID card will get you access to military campgrounds and RV Parks.

Larry Farquhar, USAF (Ret)
Owner/Operator of this website.
The Happy-Wanderers
Casino Camper Website
The topic has been locked.
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #16767 by dave3687
And if you have a spouse take them along and they can get their id and privileges also.
The topic has been locked.
  • Don C
  • Don C's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • May your best days be ahead of you.
More
2 months 1 week ago #16779 by Don C
Getting those IDs is well worth the effort. Good luck.

LTC, Ret, US Army Reserve
The topic has been locked.
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #16831 by DaTroof-1

Don C wrote: Getting those IDs is well worth the effort. Good luck.


Opens a lot of privileges, MWR services alone is a way of life for me, I wouldn’t be able to offers maintenance on my Corvette without Autocraft shops. Fishing and marinas, activities Lon base...

It still amazes me how childish some retirees are towards DAV crowd once they realize we’re compensated thru VA at pay equal to retired O4/E9...the animosity some retired E7s display is as laughable as their bratty dependants entitlement issues...
The topic has been locked.
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #16833 by dubob

DaTroof-1 wrote: It still amazes me how childish some retirees are towards DAV crowd once they realize we’re compensated thru VA at pay equal to retired O4/E9...the animosity some retired E7s display is as laughable as their bratty dependents entitlement issues...

I can't speak to your experiences with discrimination/disrespect from other military personnel towards disabled veterans. But I can tell you from my own experiences over 58 years of military background that I have never seen what you described by any rank in any branch of service. I am myself a 20 year retiree and a 70% disabled veteran. I am a life member of the DAV. I have never experienced or seen anything but the utmost respect for myself as a disabled veteran and any other disabled veteran that I have the privilege to know. I have to disagree - respectfully, of course - with your view on how our countries disabled veterans are being treated by the general military community. Treatment by the Federal VA Department is an entirely different matter.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
The following user(s) said Thank You: floridakamper, greyhound73772
The topic has been locked.
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #16836 by DaTroof-1

dubob wrote:

DaTroof-1 wrote: It still amazes me how childish some retirees are towards DAV crowd once they realize we’re compensated thru VA at pay equal to retired O4/E9...the animosity some retired E7s display is as laughable as their bratty dependents entitlement issues...


I can't speak to your experiences with discrimination/disrespect from other military personnel towards disabled veterans. But I can tell you from my own experiences over 58 years of military background that I have never seen what you described by any rank in any branch of service. I am myself a 20 year retiree and a 70% disabled veteran. I am a life member of the DAV. I have never experienced or seen anything but the utmost respect for myself as a disabled veteran and any other disabled veteran that I have the privilege to know. I have to disagree - respectfully, of course - with your view on how our countries disabled veterans are being treated by the general military community. Treatment by the Federal VA Department is an entirely different matter.


I like the way you started with “I can’t speak towards” yet tried to show off all your yrs experience to sell your credibility, then denied you’ve ever seen any what I mention, then give political correctness conclusion trying to rob me of my credibility...in the online world
We call this act “trolling”

Nice job, so transparent your intentions/motive in your reply...
Anyone who reads this website and spent considerable time (much less read comments of the campgrounds here) and is honest with themselves, thus able to be honest with others knows better...many choose not to be genuine and sincere with their comments though, I place you in this category...good day sir...
The topic has been locked.
  • floridakamper
  • floridakamper's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 weeks 8 hours ago #16838 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic How to sign up to be able to stay at a campground?
If your "Good Day Sir" comment meant you were done with this forum and it's long time contributing members, don't let the door hit you in the keester on the way out.
The topic has been locked.
More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #16839 by DaTroof-1
LMAO....grow up already....quit butting I’m on others silliness, you make them look incompatant and unable to speak for themselves when you act like some middle school aged girl trying to defend your BFF hahaha

Is this the part where you tag in trying to bully people ? Cuz that’s the impression your projecting...

Trolls...too many everywhere
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds