× An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

Newby to Military RV parks

  • ahparks
  • ahparks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • John & Alexandra Parks
8 months 2 weeks ago #16657 by ahparks
Newby to Military RV parks was created by ahparks
My husband and I are new owners of Montana 5th wheel and truck. We are inquiring info about gaining access to Military RV parks or FamCamps. He served 1971 - 1975 and received a military ID (red) card and DD form 214 upon discharge. Can this old military discharge card be used to enter the military RV parks of does he need an updated card? His PA license also shows he is a veteran of USMC and the time he served.

2017 Silverado HD High Country dully.
2015 Keystone Montana 3750fl.
JP - USMC 1971-1975
  • larryf
  • larryf's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Full-timers in 40' Phaeton MH w/ Jeep G Cherokee
8 months 1 week ago #16659 by larryf
Replied by larryf on topic Newby to Military RV parks
Welcome to the website, although I don't think your husband is eligible to utilize MWR facilities.

Use of MWR facilities (includes campgrounds) is primarily for active duty, retired military, and 100% DAV. Although, there are a few other categories that are eligible. However, military campgrounds are not a benefit provided to the typical veteran.

This article includes copies of the applicable regulations: http://www.MilitaryCampgrounds.us/authorized-users

Larry Farquhar, USAF (Ret)
Owner/Operator of this website.
The Happy-Wanderers
Casino Camper Website
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds