• Page:

TOPIC: Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase

Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase 9 months 4 weeks ago #14955

• floridakamper
  • floridakamper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 97
This park is a small (6 site) RV Park with water and electricity only on gravel sites. It's very close to I-95 in Richmond, Va. and great for an overnight or if you have a reason to be in Richmond. At $20 a night, I thought it was reasonably priced unless I compared it to Pelican Roost at $22 a night for a waterfront full hook up site on a concrete pad. I checked in today and was told on Oct 1st, it goes up to $35 a night. What ???? Almost doubling the price, what are they thinking? I've never seen more than 1 or two RV's here at a time. Maybe they want to raise the price to the point that nobody uses it and then close it for non utilization. I sure hope the base leadership and MWR Director re-evaluate this price increase.

Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase 6 months 1 week ago #15129

• floridakamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read a recent review and the price did go up to $35 a night for a W/E site. Trying to put themselves out of business.

Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase 6 months 1 week ago #15137

• belgique
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
That was my review. It just ain't worth $35. No on-site sewer. No wifi. Nothing on base except a tiny PX and gas station. It could be great,

Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase 6 months 1 week ago #15139

• floridakamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree 100%. When we're going north or south we have stopped there for a night or two and it works well for that at $20 per night and I though even that was a little high for what you get. Your review was right on the money. I've had a reservation in the past and wondered what would prevent a "drive in" from taking the reserved spot. The gate guards this last trip told me they thought it was free.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds