Louisiana 101069
20-25 Nov., 2007
(Updated: November 25, 2007)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

While here at Barksdale, AFB FAMCAMP I had the opportunity to have lengthy conversations with the camp manager and both of the camp hosts. Currently there is not a length of stay policy but the manager insures me that if/whenever the FAMCAMP is full there will be a 30 day limit and whoever reaches it first will have to leave for at least 24 hours then go to overflow to wait for the next site. With two camp hosts and a manager on site the office is staffed 7 days a week until 8 PM. We have extended our stay here to six days because of the weather. This camp is located on low land and is very saturated with water right now with some sites almost completely under water. The manager/hosts avoid putting rigs in low sites as long as others are available and are quick to advise about the low ones. We are next to a low one and I'll take pictures when it stops raining. (I've already posted some taken from atop my 5th wheel). Otherwise, this FAMCAMP has been very adequately reported in the previous reviews. We and our friends traveling with us both have NAS, Jacksonville, FL base stickers and had no problem getting through the commercial gate. The threat conditions are Alpha and the gate guard only checked the drivers military ID. Tight left turn then just follow the FAMCAMP signs to the campground. If you miss the first right turn into the campground there is another one about 100 yards down the road. We had Thanksgiving dinner in the mess hall with the troops. Very nice meal and super service. Everyone was very friendly and we all had a great time. For the four of us the total was a whopping $12.30 and tips are not allowed. Also got in a round of golf on Friday - the only sunny day - and it was $26.00 PP with electric cart. Very nice lay out and in very good condition.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or