4.4 95
Louisiana 117198
January 6-24 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

When driving in, take I-10 to Business US 90 to exit 9B 428E General De Gaulle drive.  Take it until it becomes 407, then merge onto 406 towards Belle Chase Highway.  The other route listed takes you down 23/Belle Chase Highway which is very bumpy and has a narrow tunnel which is passable at 13'7", but I strongly recommend taking the alternate route. The campground is very clean, well laid out and easy to maneuver around.  All utilities were very good, no cable but plenty of channels to pick up over the air.  Nice paved, level sites with plenty of grass between each, very roomy.  Wifi was solid and laundry room has three washers at $1.00 and six dryers at $.75 for 30 minutes. The biggest complaint is about the information given by the office.  Other reviews raved about Kenny in the office giving tons of information about New Orleans including the ferry, places to park and many other things.  We arrived and the girl checking us in, while was nice, had to keep asking other people in the office about the things listed above and really knew nothing about the area.  We arrived late in the day and were given the welcome packet and essentially told all the information we needed was listed in the packet.  None of the information in it was correct.  The ferry address and hours was incorrect, the tours and prices listed for the ITT was also wrong.  When checking with the ITT office, they stated the contract for 2016 hadn't been completed yet so many tours were not even available.  I was amazed by this considering we were there during the Mardi Gras season.  On top of everything I was called back to the office because at check in I was not charged the correct amount for the stay.  I can understand one mistake in the office, but with all the misinformation and the payment mistake it makes it tough to go higher than bad on service. The commissary and exchange were fine, not the largest, but had most of what we needed for a two and a half week stay.  Outside of the service the park is great.  Nothing to do in the immediate area, so you will drive at least 30 minutes for something to do, including off base shopping at Walmart. You will hear Coast Guard helicopters frequently since the pad is just behind the campground.  Jet noise itself was occasional.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or