4.2 85
Maryland 97499
7 - 11 July 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We initially had difficulty making a reservation at this campground, having been told 60 days prior that "everything is booked solid until mid-September, but when I called in late June I was told there WAS a spot open for 7-11 July as they had just that morning had a cancellation. This is understandable, but what IS a bit confusing is the fact that during our stay I noticed an average of 5-6 empty spots each evening! Also, when we checked in we were given a letter dated 14 Feb 13 - signed by the Director, MWR - stating that "Active Duty Military may make reservations up to 12 months in advance. All other adult authorized patrons may make reservations up to 11 months in advance." No mention is made of "peak" or "non-peak" seasons: this is in conflict of above, which speaks of 30 days in advance in "peak" season & 60 days in "non-peak" season. Oh, well! Anyways, it's a very nice campground in a great location! Easy access to Annapolis (visit the USNA!), D.C. & Baltimore. The Outdoor Rec staff is friendly & helpful! We had a VERY nice meal at the Hideaway restaurant in Odenton, MD about 15 mins outside the front gate. ENJOY!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts